Today is the settlement day!!! We did our final walk through in the morning, and then we drove to BB's headoffice to pick our keys. Bank cheque in, keys out (: There are dozens of keys for our house, trust me, we got a big bag of keys, for every windows and doors. Also, we got a big bag of gifts from BB, they are kitchen related, nice and useful.
1) The driveway is coloured and sealed
2) The hot water system and heating unit both are installed and connected.
3) The kitchen appliances and my staircase handrail are on. However, we were being busy to test all the electric plugs with a light we brought, I forgot to take pics. I might take some next time.
The building experience with BB is great, especially that we are so lucky to have Jay as our SS~ The only thing that I wish BB to improve is its paperwork stage, took ages to organise and finish (for my case is half year).
The following steps are installing an alarm system, cooling system, fences, landscaping, furniture and etc. OMG, still have so many things need to be done before we move in...... Let me just forget them for 1 night, I just wanna drink high and have a rest.
Both my SS and inspector are excellent! My SS is easy to talk with, willing to do amendment after each inspection! There is no communicating problem at all~ Most important, he has done great jobs along the way~ My inspector is detail concerned and experienced, which is good for the house owner and worthing every dollar!
For the PCI, just some small touch ups need to be done. The Hot Water System and the kitchen appliance will be installed before the settlement~ Driveway will be coloured and sealed by today~
Booked the final walkthrough and settlement on the 20th, that means we can get the keys before X'mas, whoooohoooo~
1) Rainwater tank is in and connected.
2) Externally venting point is done.
3) Storage room beneath the stair is painted.
4) Everything is cleaned.
5) The timber staircase has been stained in walnut colour. Love the colour!